If your New Year’s Resolution is to lose weight, you are not alone. It is one of the most popular resolutions that people make every year. If you have tried before, and failed, perhaps you didn’t have the right “key”.
The best way to lose weight, and keep it off for good is to use diet as a noun, and not a verb. A diet should be just a way of eating, not a way to lose weight.
A few years ago, I changed my life, and lost 75 pounds! I started eating right, and chose my calories wisely. I didn’t eat empty calories, but fueled my body with nutritious foods. If your resolution is to lose weight, I would love for you to How To Lose Weight Safely. See my before and after pics, and the menu I used to do it.
It’s not really hard, and anyone can do it!
For more diet tips and advice, read Diet Is A Noun, Not A Verb.
Here is one of my favorite recipes that I used:
Lemon Balm Chicken Casserole
- 4 Chicken Breasts, deboned
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Red Potatoes, large chunk
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, large chunk
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped finely
- 1 large handful Lemon Balm Leaf, finely chopped
- Dash Salt, to taste
- Dash Pepper, to taste
- Dash Basil
- Dash Cayenne, optional for spicy
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- Pour olive oil into casserole dish.
- Place chicken ,veggies and lemon balm and other spices into dish.
- Toss well to cover all ingredients with the olive oil and spices.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth to bottom of dish.
- Place clay cooker in cold oven. Turn oven onto 400 degrees.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 1 hour. (Time will varies as ovens are different). Be sure to check it at 45 minutes, and then at 15 minute intervals.
A Few Variations You Can Try…
If you, or someone in your family does not like chicken, this recipe can also be created using pork, beef, or even fish. We have even used it with ground turkey. We roll the ground turkey into meat balls and follow the rest of the recipe.
If you substitute beef for the chicken, you may want to change the chicken stock, to beef stock in the gravy recipe.
If you are a vegetarian, meat alternatives can also be used, and you would substitute the meat stock for vegetable stock.
No matter what meat you decide to put in your casserole, it will be delicious.