Everyone knows herbal tea does a body good, but are you getting the most out of your cup of natural goodness? Treat yourself to the best quality tea and maximize the health benefits of each delicious cup.
Tips For the Perfect Cup of Tea:
- Choose a whole leaf tea made from high quality ingredients.
- Teabag teas may be a lower quality, and many namebrand teas contain pesticides, GMOs, and artificial flavors. Also there are concerns that tea bags themselves may leach harmful chemicals into the tea.
- Organic loose leaf tea is also better for the environment. There’s no extra packaging to throw away. Also, because you’re buying in bulk, it’s less expensive in the long run.
- Use a tea ball or strainer (coffee press).
- If using a tea ball, allow space for the tea leaves to expand as they infuse. Packed too full, the water will not be able to filter through as the tea steeps.
- High quality teas may be infused more than once. Just add more water. Once you’re done with the tea leaves, recycle the nutrients by adding them to your compost.
- Allow time for infusion.
- Although herbal tea may look “done” after a couple minutes, follow the instructions for steep time to get most out of the ingredients.
- Cover during the steeping process. This is important so the essential oils do not evaporate.
- Store your tea in a cool, dark cabinet to preserve freshness.
Cloverleaf Farm’s herbal teas are fresh and made from the highest quality ingredients. You can be sure we don’t use anything with pesticides, GMOS, or anything else we wouldn’t drink ourselves. We know you will enjoy every sip!