If your house is like ours, right about now, you are loaded with cucumbers from the garden. What shall you do?
While pickles are wonderful, I am about pickled out right now. I’ve made dill, spicy dill, and bread and butter pickles. Jars and jars of them, to be exact.
I’ve made cucumber salad, cucumber salad dressing, and anything I else I cold think of. I wanted something different. Aha! A smoothie. I knew there had to be a smoothie I could make with fresh cucumbers. After googling around, I found one that I tweaked to my own liking. I enjoy creating with food, and after a couple of tries, came up with a great cucumber smoothie. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did here. It’s not only delicious, but nutritious for you as well.
Cucumber Smoothie Recipe
- 1 banana
- 1 med cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 D’anjou pear
- 1 1/2 cups plain non fat yogurt
- 2-3 Tbsp honey
- 12 ice cubes
- 1-2 Tbs lemon juice
- 12 ounces of water
Place all the above into high speed blender. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until all fruit and ice is blended to a smooth consistency.
It has a delicious sweetness from the banana and pineapple, a little tart from the blueberries, and a “cool” refreshing flavor from the cucumbers.
Drink up, end enjoy
6Amazing Benefits of Cucumber
Cucumbers are actually a fruit. They are tasty and can be used in many dishes. They are also very healthy for you. They are loaded with vitamins and minerals that can benefit your health.
- Freshens the breath.
- Loads of Vitamin B complex that help to manage stress.
- Cucumbers are rich in fiber and water. This supports healthy digestion.Â
- The natural compounds in cucumber contain pro-inflammatory enzymes. These help to reduce inflammation in the body.
- These delectable delights can help you to maintain a healthy blood pressure.
- They make great smoothies~